Hindustan Gum is the largest manufacturer of "GUAR GUM" in the world. The brand name "HIGUM" has been the hallmark of quality and innovations.
The history of Hindustan Gum traces back to 1956, as the Birla Brothers established "Bhiwani Gum and Guar Factory" in collaboration with Stein Hall of the USA (now Solvay Inc.). It was a significant move as the first Guar Gum factory was set up in India. The pioneering factory was acquired in 1962 and Hindustan Gum came into existence.
Special grade of Guar Gum Powder is developed having viscosity at 10% concentration only 20 cps for Juices, Beverages, Health drinks etc.
Today, Hindustan Gum has developed into a major industrial unit, manufacturing gum that conforms to international standards and exporting the produce across the globe. Hindustan Gum is a joint venture of Solvay Inc., USA, and the M.P. Birla Group, India.
Hindustan Gum caters to a diverse range of industries such as food products, textile, paper, explosives, oil drilling, mining etc. Hindustan Gum manufactures its own branded products under the HIGUM logo. Tailor-made products are being manufactured, meeting various specifications as per customers requirements. We offer:
- Guar Gum Powder with a wide range of viscosity varying from 2000 to 8500 CPS with particle size from 100 to 300 Mesh.
- De-polymerized Guar with viscosity range from 50 CPS to 1000 CPS.
- Special grade of Guar Gum Powder is developed having viscosity at 10% concentration only 20 cps for Juices, Beverages, Health drinks etc.
- Modified Guar Gum such as oxidized, carboxymethylated, borated and phosphated
are produced for textile and other industrial applications.
- Highly purified splits and splits with very high viscosity.
- Textile printing thickener based on tamarind kernel powder and tapioca starch.
The total annual capacity of Hindustan Gum is 1,25,000 MT for powder
gum and 40,000 MT for refined splits. Hindustan Gum has three world
class manufacturing units located in the states of Haryana, Rajasthan
Hindustan Gum has independent Quality Assurance Department and Quality Control Labs at every unit for microbiological and physical analyses. The company has been actively involved in Research and Development as well, with the focus on new products.
Hindustan Gum has independent full fledged Oil Lab, Textile printing Lab.
Hindustan Gum has wisely invested to provide its customers with sustained product quality through continuous improvement in quality standards and implementation of its Quality Management System & Quality Objectives. All units are ISO 9001:2008, Kosher, Halal, FSSC 22000:2010 and SEDEX certified and Hindustan Gum is rated 'excellent' by AIB, USA. Throughout the years, Hindustan Gum has been recognised and lauded by numerous quality and safety organizations, besides earning total customer satisfaction.
The company is fully equipped with state-of-the-art physical & microbiological laboratories in order to perform strict quality control tests in compliance with international norms and customer requirements.
Success reverberates and gets recognition. Hindustan Gum has received several awards for its endless efforts to sustain product quality standards through continuous improvement and implementation of its Quality Management System & Quality Objectives -- thus gaining on product value and fulfilling customers' needs and expectations. The accolades include:
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
- ISO 9001:2000 Certification
- Bhiwani unit certified by TUV, Germany - 1995, 1998 & 2001.
- Viramgam unit certified by KPMG Quality Registrar, USA - 1996, 1999 & 2002.
- Jodhpur unit certified by TUV, Germany - 1998 & 2001
- Food Safety Certification
- "Good" Performance Certificate awarded by ASI Food Safety Consultant Inc., USA, in 1995.
- "Excellent" Performance Certificate awarded by AIB, USA,
in 1996 & 2004.
- FSSC 22000:2010 and SEDEX certified.
- Industrial Safety Certification by Rhodia's Asia Pacific HSE Director in 1996 & 1999.
- 'Kosher' Certification
- ?Halal? Certification
- Pillsbury Award for 'Best Supplier of the Year' in 1995.
- National Award winner in 1997 & 1999.
- APEDA Best Export Award winner from 1970 to 2013.
- State Government Safety Award winner in 1989.
- LAC Award winner in 2001.
- APEDA Gold Trophies form 2009-2013.
Hindustan Gum is committed to maintain a full-fledged R&D Centre, run by well-known industry specialists. The R&D Centre is constantly engaged in developing and modifying the chemical properties of materials in order to ensure better performance and reduce processing/production costs. The Centre has recently come up with innovative processing techniques for high-end manufacturing.
- High viscosity Tamarind Kernel Powder.
- Cold water-soluble Tamarind Kernel Powder.
- Products for Noodles & Ice-creams.
- Special Guar Gum Products for Juices, Beverages, Health drinks etc.
- To identify new natural sources of gum and find its applications.
- To develop guar blends for food products.